A name. Giving someone a name, something that they will have for the rest of their life, is a big deal! Even before Andrew and I knew we were expecting, we'd tossed around names that we liked and didn't like. We both wanted to have something unique, but solid. I never thought that we would come our decision so early, but we have and are ready to share!
Family names have always been something that I have loved. There is so much rich history in a family name. I was thrilled to find out that Andrew enjoys family names as well. His dad is very passionate about family history, and I love getting to hear stories and see all of the discoveries he has made over his years of researching. During each one, I would pay very close attention, taking in each name and person he would tell me about. The Snyder-Seebon family tree is full of some wonderful names, but one name struck me immediately - Andrew's great-grandfather, Walter Bishop Snyder.
My grandfather was Robert Henry Darville. Paw-paw was a brave, hard working man. He was a provider. He loved golf, and he loved giving Granny, Mom, and Aunt Janis beautiful jewelry! I miss getting to see them open their tiny boxes every Christmas, and the way his face would light up as he saw their excitement. He would never say a lot, but you knew by his actions that he would do anything for his family. Paw-paw went to be with Jesus in 2003, and unfortunately, he and Andrew never got to meet, but I know Paw-paw would have loved him.
Bishop Henry Snyder, we can't wait to meet you.
9 years ago





13 comments:
My throat is thick with emotion and my eyes are misting with tears and love for you, Andrew, my dad and precious baby Bishop Henry Snyder. Thanks! mom
Bishop Henry Snyder! Sounds like a name fit for a king............I can't want to meet him! We love you, Tracy and Kirsty
What a cute name! And I love the significance behind it!
Hi, I don't really remember when or how I found your blog but I have been blog stalking you for a while. I LOVE that name. Good job! Good luck with everything.
Im crying, that is so awesome and sweet! It reminds me of picking Elaine's middle name after my Meme Donna and how I feel so proud everytime I say her middle name. I know you will feel so proud to say your sons name thinking of the amazing men that you and Andrew have in your family and that you will work to instill their qualities into your sweet son Bishop Henry! Love you!
Wonderful!!! He will have a strong, unique name that will allow him to be the same kind of individual as the significance of his name. Congratulations on a boy!
Keely, you touch my heart each time
you share. Your thoughts and words have always been so full of wisdom.
You and Andrew always share your hearts and souls with us, and we are all the better for it.
Mr. Bishop Henry Snyder will carry the names of 3 great men! How proud all in your families must be. Yes, your child's name is one of the most important gifts you both will give him. How loving that
you both put him first. What a Blessed life Bishop will truly have with you as parents!!! May God Bless the 3 of you~
In His Love,
Ms. Desee (Disa)
PS: the name you gave me will always be very special too ;-) !!!
That is so great!! Congratulations on having a boy! I love family traditions and names. What a wonderful legacy your son can carry on!
I love it! So precious and he will carry on a great legacy of amazing men! XOXO
So sweet Keels! Love it! Can't WAIT to meet him.
Also- what a great monogram ;)
Wow,I love it! I can't believe you are already so far along---so exciting! I hope I get to see that prego belly soon! Love ya bunches, and I saw that I was "Tagged"---I'll have to get on that response!
LOVE IT! I am so excited for you to be a mommy- you will be amazing. Little Bishop is going to be a very lucky little boy!
Great name! I'm so excited for you! Using family names is such a great tribute. Bishop Henry will be dearly loved by such a great family- and friends too!
Love, Annie
Post a Comment