Being a teacher, one of the biggest perks (okay, probably the only perk) is having the summers off! You get to finally sigh a B-I-G sigh of relief after a very long and sometimes very trying year. So, you can imagine my excitement when Andrew approached me with the idea of working for him this summer at Northwestern Mutual. After praying about it, it didn't take long for the entire idea to make complete sense: he gets the help he needs without shelling out the extra $$$, and I'll be doing some work for another rep, meaning I'll be bringing in a little extra cash flow as well. Clearly, I couldn't say no, and really the biggest thing I'll be missing out on is watching Regis and Kelly in the mornings while I drink my coffee. So, I decided to take one for the team and join Andrew at 1 Riverway.
I quickly learned that there is much concern in the office when husbands and wives work together. I had people very kindly offering their advice, tips, counsel; it was slightly funny. I will have to say, that after a week and a half of working with my husband, I love it! It's refreshing to get to spend so much time with him again! When we were in college, we'd spend all day together, and say goodbye at night. I have realized that I have missed those times (and now, I don't have to say goodbye at night). We've been carpooling a lot too because when you live and work in Houston, the HOV lane = sanity. I've missed experiencing every ounce of the day with someone, having inside jokes, and really enriching our friendship.
So to Andrew, thanks for employing me and revealing to me what I have missed so much. I love you!
In the spirit, here are some pictures from Keely and Andrew: The Dating Years
9 years ago







3 comments:
That is so sweet! I am glad you all are having a great time together! Love you both! Jamie
isn't working together the BEST?!!! i recently got offered a promotion (my principal is leaving my school this year and wanted me to come with him and be the instructional specialist at the high school) but i had to turn it down because i love my job too much :) and the best part is when you come home and dre talks about "work" you'll know exactly what he means! way to be, keels... now just move to dallas!
haha thanks for the idea keely! my oldest dog, Kota, hates flies and tries to eat them, but doesn't always manage it. That's pretty impressive that you actually taught your dog how to do that though!
Post a Comment