It's crazy to think we are well into our 3rd trimester, with just 77 days left until our due date. The time really has flown by - some of the days, maybe not, but in the big picture, it's gone by really fast! I'm not doing a good job keeping up with the blog, so I'm going for the easy way out and just posting what's going on with us this week. Tomorrow is a big day - we go for our 3D ultrasound, so cross your fingers that baby Bishop gives us a good look at his sweet face! I'll be sure and post the pictures!
How your baby's growing:
Your baby now weighs about 2 1/2 pounds (
like a butternut squash) and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. His muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and his head is growing bigger to make room for his developing brain. To meet his increasing nutritional demands, you'll need plenty of protein, vitamins C, folic acid, and iron. And because his bones are soaking up lots of calcium, be sure to drink your milk (or find another good source of
calcium, such as cheese, yogurt, or enriched orange juice). This trimester, about 250 milligrams of calcium are deposited in your baby's hardening skeleton each day.
3 comments:
So exciting! I love hearing your fun baby details!
Have a great week.
Yeah Bishop!!! Keep on growin'!!!
I love Butternut Squash, so does Lainey she tried it this week. :-) But not near as much as we love Bishop! Have a great weekend!
Post a Comment